Restoration and Improvement of Metabolism in the Human Body
Metabolism and Health
Many personal characteristics, including metabolism, are predetermined by our genes. Metabolism is the process of breakdown of nutrients by the body to produce energy.
People who have a slow metabolic rate are prone to be overweight, and people with fast metabolism find it hard to gain weight. There is nothing bad in both cases.
The subsequent way of life of a person largely depends on the innate metabolism. But in the process of life, some factors, such as improper diet or violation of the daily regimen can affect the person’s metabolism. Not only the tendency to corpulence, but also other things depend on metabolism:
- The duration of sleep.
- The physical activity level.
- Skin health in particular and the proper body functioning as a whole.
- Stress resistance.
This dependence is mutual. This means that metabolic disorders my cause health problems or sleep disorders. And vice versa, sleep disorders can affect metabolism.
Most often, residents of large cities face this problem, and it is especially dangerous that a person notices changes when external signs appear, for example:
|Weight changes||At normal body functioning, the weight can slightly vary in both directions by 2-5 kilograms, but metabolic disorders can cause a sharp change in weight over 5 kilograms within a short period of time|
|Skin and hair disorders||This includes acne as well|
|Sleep disorders||This includes both insomnia and excessive sleepiness|
Unhealthy diet, stress, and sedentary lifestyle are the main causes of disorders. The first cause can be noticed in time and changed with the help of non-strict diets that will be discussed later, but elimination of the influence of the second and third causes can make you sweat, both literally and figuratively.
How to Test Yourself?
In most cases, metabolic disorders come to the violation of the exchange of proteins, fats (lipids), carbohydrates, minerals, and water in the body. Due to the available modern tests, it is possible to check, the exchange of which of the above-mentioned component is violated:
- the protein exchange can be checked by proteinogram, measurement of creatinine, urea, residual nitrogen levels, etc.;
- the lipid exchange is tested by lipido- and proteinogram, determination of cholesterol level, etc.;
- the carbohydrate exchange is determined by the blood and urine tests for sugar, glucose tolerance test, etc.
For additional diagnostics, the following tests can be used: paper chromatography, blood and urine tests for amino acids, Guthrie bacterial test, DNA tests, skin, liver, and brain biopsies.
The principle of improving metabolism is based on reducing the impact of the main harmful factors. Thus, two ways can be identified – that is sticking to a healthy diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
To improve your digestion, you do not need to stick to rigid diets, but you should just follow a few simple dieting rules:
- Do not overeat. This rule seems to be simple, but in fact, not everyone really follows it. This is because most people have just 2–3 meals a day. To ease the task and avoid overeating, you need to eat more often, at least 5–6 times a day, but in small portions. It helps get rid of hunger between meals and has a positive psychological effect.
- Reduce the amount of fatty foods consumed. You should better completely cut the products such as mayonnaise out of your diet.
- Increase your daily protein intake.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water per day, otherwise, your body begins to retain water, thereby violating the metabolism and worsening the blood circulation.
- Do not skip breakfast. Remember, that skipping breakfast makes the body shift into the energy saving mode and slowing down the metabolism. The morning is the essential time of the day when the body experiences a great need for energy, food, and water.
- Have your last meal no later than three hours before sleep.
- Take vitamins.
You should just walk more often and do a warm-up in the morning. Stretching and warm-up exercises help the body wake up faster after sleep and improve blood circulation, which is highly beneficial for the digestive system. Add a run or a long walk on weekends to it and you will notice improvements in a couple of months.
But there are cases of serious health problems, when metabolism should not just be improved, but restored. In this case, you should definitely consult a doctor.
Besides, you can use the above-mentioned methods, but in a modified and more rigid form. It means that a diet comes to replace healthy eating, and regular exercises should complement your active lifestyle. You should start with a diet and consult a dietitian first.
Exercises to Restore Metabolism
As was noted above, you need to increase your physical activity. You can use various exercises, depending on your abilities and desires. If you do not want to purchase a cardio machine, you can use the following kinds of physical activity:
- walking in the fresh air;
- running on the spot;
- various interval loads (for example, crossfit).
A weakened body can recover easier provided that the daily physical activity regime is observed. It includes the following rules:
- You should start every morning with a contrast shower. It helps improve blood circulation and has a favorable effect on the entire body.
- In the morning, you should drink at least one glass of water before performing the warm-up exercises.
- Do not perform hard physical exercises in the morning, because the body experiences the nutritional and energy deficiency after sleep.
- Go for an hour evening run or walk every day.
- Visit a swimming pool or a gym. In the gym, you should work out under the supervision of a coach or an instructor to avoid injuries.
Performing hard physical exercises is a guarantee of strengthening not only the muscles, but also the body in general.
In addition to all mentioned above, visiting bathhouses, saunas, including infra-red saunas, also positively affect the metabolism. Besides, visiting a massage therapist helps improve blood circulation as well.
Traditional Remedies and Vitamin Supplements
Before taking any medicines to restore metabolism, you need professional advice. There are popular recipes that can help you achieve the desired results fast without any harm to your health. The following herbs can be used:
- Dandelion and various herbs.
- Chamomile, St. John's wort, and hawthorn.
- Plantain, wild strawberries, horsetail.
The intake of the following vitamins can help you speed up your metabolism:
|A||Improves iodine absorption|
|B4||Eliminates cholesterol from the body|
|B6||The main catalyst for the exchange of amino acids|
|B8||Accelerates the exchange processes|
|C||Lowers the blood sugar levels|
|D||Restores the growth of tissues|
The following main factors affect the metabolic rate in the body:
- hormonal background;
- physical activity level;
- intake of medicines.
Thus, we can emphasize the three basic rules that contribute to the improvement and restoration of metabolism in the human body:
- Healthy dieting.
- Physical activity.
- Following the daily regimen.
Remember that and follow the recommendations from the article to be always in good spirits and in a good shape.