Tips and Tricks to Increase Height Naturally
What Affects the Height of a Person?
Beautiful people have to be tall. This opinion has already become a kind of stereotype which is hard to argue with. Therefore, there are a lot of people who desire to grow just a little bit taller. But is it practically possible? The answer is “yes”. There are two ways to increase our height: visual and practical (physical).
The visual effect can be achieved by simple manipulations with clothing and footwear, or with the help of some physical exercises to improve the posture. The second method is not for everyone. Let us consider the peculiarities:
- By the age of 25, the human body usually stops growing, and since then the height can be increased only surgically or medicamentally.
- If your parents are both short in height, then you should not count on strong results, but it does not mean that nothing is going to work. It is definitely worth trying out.
- If you have medical constraints on sporting activities, or spinal problems, any attempts to increase height are inadvisable and possible only after consultation with the doctor.
It is believed that if the person has no obvious congenital pathologies, his physique is a natural reaction of the body, in other words, the optimal parameters necessary for the normal functioning in the existing environmental conditions.
The factors affecting the body growth are listed below:
- Nutrition. A proper diet should be made up of foods enriched with vitamins and nutrients for the height growth. Particularly, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and high-protein foods seem to be the most important.
- Muscles. Well-developed spinal muscles help reduce some pressure on the backbone which undoubtedly facilitates the process of growth and development.
- Flexibility. First of all, it is important for the tendons.
- Bad habits. They should be nipped in the bud. The environmental pollution already exerts a significant impact on our health.
Influencing these factors, you can considerably help the body in growth and development. Note that our goal is to increase our height naturally; more serious efforts should be supervised by the doctors.
Home Remedies to Increase Height Naturally
The basic principle of height increase is the maximum improvement of living conditions. In other words, you should nullify all harmful factors and strengthen the impact of positive ones as much as possible.
The proper functioning of the body is determined by several factors. Special attention should be paid to the digestive process and metabolism. Therefore, your diet must be balanced. For height increase, the body needs calcium and iron. It follows that you should add more dairy products to your daily ration (not milk, but its derivatives: cheese, cottage cheese, and kefir).
Apples and some other fruits are rich in iron. Of course, this is not everything you need. Phosphorus and some vitamins are necessary for the bone growth. But do not blindly follow the doubtful instructions eating too much fish and carrots. Excess vitamins and minerals can do more harm than good.
As they say, measure is a treasure. But high-protein meals are useful not only for the development of bones, but also for the strengthening of the muscular framework.
Physical activities play a vital role in our growth. But excessive loading of the spine can be very harmful, especially for children. If the child has genetic premises to be lower than his peers at the age of 18, then he or she shouldn't go in for acrobatics or weightlifting.
In this case any severe loads on the backbone must be eliminated. But there is one activity that will definitely have a positive impact. It is swimming. This kind of sports is effective not only for the kids. While swimming, the back muscles work out all the time, thus affecting the posture. At the same time, the work of spinal muscles goes without any load on the upper back.
Besides strengthening the back, it is equally important to make our muscles more flexible. This is about stretching exercises. Preference should be given to the work with the spinal and pelvic muscles. It can be both simple elements, such as “Forward Bend”, and advanced extension exercises, such as “Standing Pigeon”, or quad stretch.
One more useful, though disputable exercise is performed standing, with the feet together and the palms at your sides. Reach as high as you can, first with your head, and then with the entire body, but avoid rising on the toes.
Exercises to Increase Height
A lot of people of average height are conscious about their stature and want to increase it. This problem becomes more and more popular, and the scientists often study this subject. They have created a variety of exercises which can help people grow taller. They are quite simple, and can be performed by everyone, irrespective of the age and physical skills.
Perform the following exercises for just 10–15 minutes a day to increase your body height:
- Bar hanging with additional weights. Take something heavy and tie it to your legs. Adjust the weight, so that you can hang on a horizontal bar for about 15 seconds. Then increase gradually the time of continuous hanging up to one minute. You may stop at this point.
- Stand on the floor with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend forward and lower your arms down. Perform rotary movements: both arms should move simultaneously in the same direction, and the distance between them should be approximately one meter. Do 20–40 reps.
- Neck Stretch. Stand straight and tilt your head toward the shoulder. Hold the shoulders still at the same level. Repeat 10 tilts for each side. Breathe slowly and try to stretch your muscles and sinews as much as possible without any sudden movements.
- In a standing position clasp your hands together and slowly raise them above your head towards the ceiling. Reach as high as you can while inhaling. On the exhale bring your hands slowly down. Do 15 reps.
- Sit down on the floor and cross your legs. Place one hand inside the other with your palms facing the chest. Slowly straighten your arms above your head. Push them further above yourself and hold this position for a few seconds. Then lower your arms to the chest level. Perform 15 reps.
- For this exercise a fit ball is required. Put the ball on the floor and lay your chest on it. Clasp the ball with your hands on both sides and link your palms together. Extend the legs behind you and tuck your toes under your feet. Then raise your head until your neck, back, and pelvis are straightened to one line. At the same time put your hands behind the back, trying to raise them as high as possible. Your shoulder blades should be squeezed together.
- You will need a simple bench and your friend’s assistance, or special hyperextension bench. In the first case, lay your belly down on the bench, so that your legs rest on it and the upper body hangs freely. Ask your friend to sit down on your legs or fix them another way. Strain your abs and lower back muscles to raise your torso higher than your legs level. Perform as many repetitions as you can, but no more than 20. In the second case, your legs are safely fixed and no assistance is required.
- Lie down on your stomach and point your toes, place your arms in front of you. Raise your left arm and right leg simultaneously. Feel the stretch in your back. Then repeat the procedure with your right arm and left leg. Try to hold them as long as possible. Perform 4 reps for each arm and leg.
- In a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart, bend down forward and try to touch the floor with your fingertips.
- Start off sitting on the floor with your legs extended in front of you. Spread your legs apart as far as they can go. Bend over to one leg and remain in this position for at least 20 seconds, then repeat the same for another leg. Feel the stretch in your back and leg muscles. Repeat 4 reps for each leg.
- From a standing position start jumping as high as you can. Perform 20 jumps and then have a rest. The number of sets is 5–10.
These exercises will increase your height and make your back, abdominal and leg muscles strong and flexible.
Follow these rules:
- Rest periods between sets must be short – no more than one minute. It allows you to reduce your workout duration.
- You should train at least 2–3 times a week. 10–15 minutes per day is enough for such routine. If you have time and desire, you can train longer and achieve good results faste.
- Do not train more than 5–6 times a week for more than one hour a day, otherwise you can get bored very quickly. Work out for pleasure, not for duty. Do not forget to have a rest.
- You can change the order of the exercises as you wish.
- You can also perform circuit trainings, doing all these exercises in turn during one day. It will vary your routine and make it more funny and interesting.
Apart from physical exercises, massage is very beneficial. However, it should be given by a specialist. It will tone your back muscles and straighten out your spine as well. Even though you are not engaged in physical activity during the massage, this method is very effective even for the people older than 25.
There is an opinion that it is possible to increase the height not only naturally by eating properly and performing physical exercises, but also by means of modern medicine, taking the hormonal drugs.
Any hormonal drugs must be prescribed by a doctor and only in case of medical premises for health, or development disorders.
Boost Your Metabolism
The growth process depends not only on everything listed above. Proper functioning of the body in general is equally important for better assimilation of useful nutrients.
Besides proper nutrition, the body hardening has a positive impact on the metabolic process. Winter swimming is not the only way to improve your health, there are gentler methods:
- Cold water rubbing. It is the simplest and mildest hardening method.
- Contrast shower in the morning. It promotes hardening and helps to wake you up.
- Walking barefoot. It does not mean that you should walk on the cold floor. The idea is that a huge number of nerve endings are concentrated on the feet, and walking barefoot is a kind of massage for the entire body.
And the easiest way, or rather an addition to all mentioned above, is a good rest and a sound sleep. Sleeping for 7–9 hours according to the usual schedule helps the body not only restore and rest, but also adjust exchange processes necessary for body growth.
Use these methods wisely and grow taller!
Normal Growth and Development Standards
From time to time we want to find out whether our height and weight are normal, and whether it is worth trying to get taller, or lose weight, etc. To answer these questions, we provide the table of indicators which are considered to be normal for a particular age.
|Age||Height (cm)||Weight (kg)|
|Age||Height (cm)||Weight (kg)|
Do not worry too much if your indicators differ from the shown in the table, because at this period people grow and change rapidly. You can just help your body by eating properly and leading a healthy lifestyle.
The Shortest and Tallest Celebrities
You should understand that our set of exercises will help you become only a couple inches taller, and it can not guarantee any incredible results. In fact, who’s to say that being short is bad? There are a huge number of famous people who look lovely and feel good, despite their short stature. The height of a person is not a basic advantage, and it never prevented anybody from succeeding.
List of the world-famous ladies of short stature:
- Salma Hayek is a famous actress, her height is 157 cm.
- Kylie Minogue is a famous Australian singer, only 152 cm tall.
- Shakira – 156 cm.
- Lady Gaga – 155 cm.
- Jada Pinkett Smith – 152 cm.
- Winona Ryder – 160 cm.
- Emilia Clarke – 155 cm.
- Ariana Grande – 156 cm.
- The Olsen twins– 156 cm.
- Kim Kardashian – 159 cm.
There are lots of male celebrities who are even shorter than these ladies:
- Daniel Radcliff – 165 cm.
- Dustin Hoffman – 166 cm.
- Robert Downey Jr., Mark Wahlberg – about 170 cm.
- Danny DeVito – 155 cm at all.
If you feel too tall, but somehow you got on this website and read up to this point, then it will be quite easy to make you feel better with the following list:
- Liam Neeson – 193 cm.
- Chris Hemsworth, Tom Welling – 191 cm.
- Dolph Lundgren – 196 cm.
- Ben Affleck – 192 cm.
- Vladimir Klitschko – a famous Ukrainian boxer, 198 cm tall. By the way, the height of his charming wife, a famous actress Hayden Panettiere, is only 153 cm. And they do not seem to be confused by that at all.
- The giant softie and great basketball player Shaquille O'Neal is 216 cm tall. And he is not only a great athlete, but also an excellent commentator, actor, and comedian, permanent member of various American TV shows.
There are also many beautiful and successful women, whose height is taller than the average:
- Charlize Theron and Julia Roberts are both nearly 180 cm tall.
- Famke Janssen – 183 cm.
- Sigourney Weaver – 182 cm.
- Brigitte Nielsen – 185 cm.
- Uma Thurman – 184 cm.
- Gwendoline Christie – 191 cm.
- The body height can be increased in two ways: visually and practically.
- The factors which positively impact the human growth are: a proper diet, well-developed back muscles, flexible tendons, and absence of bad habits.
- Any growth hormones should be taken only after the doctor’s advice and under his careful supervision.
- The proper metabolism is very important for the growth and development.
- Physical exercises can give a desirable effect only until the age of 25.
- Warming up before a workout is very important. You should train at least 2–3 times a week.
- The tall stature is not a key to success, as well as the short height is not an obstacle for its achievement.